So, what has 2010 taught me? That I can be far too conversative (little c, little c) a bit staid, careful, fearful. That I have experimented far too little and worried far too much. That you really should stop once in a while and really take things in. That meticulous planning isn’t always the best way, and that sometimes, just sometimes it’s better to lie down with no clothes on and wait for something to happen. With that in mind here are my new year’s resolutions for 2011…
1) drive the shopping trolley recklessly in busy supermarkets, laughing in the face of anyone that dares to tut loudly
2) make it a mission to embarrass my kids frequently with my out-of-time dancing.
3) paint my nails a colour that’s way too young for me.
4) say “*ck it” more often, and really mean it (but not in front of the kids, obviously).
5) have totally ill-advised and nutritionally empty breakfasts – coffee and
a cigarette leftover chocolate cake.
6) wear shorter skirts, naughtily short, and impossibly high heels I can’t walk a step in.
7) wear more eyeliner – in hardcore ’80s colours (preferably while rocking enormous shoulder pads).
8 ) take up yoga – and pass loud, joyous wind while doing it.
9) have more arguments – passionate, raging arguments with overly-dramatic reconciliations.
10) do much, much more public snogging.
Reckless? Well it’s best to start small…
Happy New Year everyone! Thanks to everyone who’s stuck with me.