Well, it’s been 196 days since I stepped off the career ladder and entered the world of bibs, buggy boards and baby teeth. 4 years ago I was doing pretty well; at the stage in my career where things could’ve really taken off. I left a big retail company in the north and had the pick of jobs in london. But i ended up selling pet insurance. It wasn’t that bad; I got to watch dogs swimming around a hydrotherapy pool which was pretty cool. I chose it for the flexibility; I wanted to see my son for more than 5 mins each day. When my second son was born i knew i couldn’t get back on that treadmill. Little did I know that marketing doesn’t do part time. I never really made the decision to be a stay at home mum. I just stopped looking for jobs. One day i woke up and Mrs Digital Marketing Manager had somehow become Mrs “no my son can’t swim yet, and i’m not sending him to french lessons with Daphne”. I decided to write this blog to chart my journey from successful career girl to stay at home mum, with a little bit of what i think about stuff along the way.
I'm all about the debate. Would love to hear what you think. Cancel reply
"M2M is all about thinking and debating and formulating an opinion. It’s about trying to make sense of the world, with all its dichotomies and contradictions. It’s just having a conversation, and showing an interest.
It’s all about the words."
- Is Facebook killing your self-esteem?
- selective eating and my 7-yr-old
- My friend and why I liked her
- The changing perception of loss
- Hollywood anyone?
- I Blog therefore I Am
- Cigarette packets are cool. Fact. Just ask your kids.
- My mum the addict….a blog in support of Cancer Research
- My writing soul: is it goodbye?
- A milestone I wish I could sidestep
- anyone know or is a property person that knows about up and coming areas in west sussex? 4 days ago
- anyone recommend a free online file sharing system? sharing as in multiple people can view private file online pref with admin settings. thx 4 days ago
- I can't believe I'm the only Facebook Schmuck out there...... marketingtomilk.wordpress.com/2013/06/12/is-… 5 days ago